Frequently Asked Questions
Eligibility Q & As
Students in Classes VI to XII, who have been engaged in a volunteer activity at least partly during the application period can apply for the Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards. Only Individuals can apply. Applications should describe the participant’s community/ social service activity at an individual level and must be e-certified by either of the parents and the school principal. In case of an NGO entry, the application must also be endorsed by the project coordinator at the NGO. Students who have earlier participated in the programme (excluding National Honorees) are also eligible to apply. International students who live and study in India may also apply.
Employees of DHFL Pramerica Life Insurance or any of its affiliates and any firm involved in the programme and their children are not eligible to participate in this community service recognition programme for school students.
Application Q & As for students
Once you’ve completed the application, get it e-certified by your school principal and one of the parent.
All applications must be e-certified by both the principal and parent. In case of an NGO entry, the application must also be supported by an endorsement from the project coordinator in the NGO.
No. Only applications in English and Hindi will be accepted.
No. You must send your applications in the standard format to qualify for screening. You can however, support your application with other presentation tools such as photos, videos and testimonials.
You can apply online for the Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards by following these simple steps:
- Sign up from the home page
- Fill in the detailed online application form
- Get the application form e-certified by one of your parents and your school principal.
An e-mail will be sent to your parents and your School Principal for e-certification.
Share your activity details with our website visitors by providing a short summary of your volunteer activity in the Activity Submission Form.
No, due to the current scenario and social distancing requirements we are not accepting group entries this year.
Once your application form is completed it will directly reach to us at our web platform.
Upon submitting your application and successful e-certification from your parents & principal you will receive an e-mail with the Application Number.
Applications for The Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards are being invited from students across the country. In case your school has not been directly contacted by us, you can inform your principal about this programme so that it can be implemented in your school as well.
Application Q & As for schools
Make students aware of this opportunity for volunteer recognition for community service/ social work. Urge all the students who have taken part , or are engaged in social work/ community service to participate in the programme by filling out an application form online from www.spiritofcommunityindia.com. Completed applications should be e-certified by the school principal.
Start by telling your students about the programme, the gratification, and the volunteering opportunities available. Make periodic announcements to remind students about the application deadline; include information in your school newsletter and on your website; ask teachers and career guidance counselors to encourage eligible students to apply and promote the awards at assemblies, staff meetings, parent teacher meetings and other school events.
- All Participating Schools will receive Certificates of Participation.
- The school principals of the Individual category runner ups will receive Certificates of Merit for their schools.
- The school principals of the distinguished finalists will receive Certificates of Achievement for their schools.
- The school principals of the National Honorees will receive Certificates of Excellence and a beautifully engraved trophy for their schools.
There is no limit to the number of entries that a school can send for judging.
No. Applications must be e-certified by the school principal in order to qualify for screening.
Applications will be judged keeping the following parameters in mind:
- Inspiration: How did you become involved in this community/ social service activity? Who or what inspired you to get involved? Why did you feel it was important?
- Impact: What did your community service activity accomplish? Who benefited, and how? How many people were involved or directly affected? Was there a lasting impact of your activity?
- Effort and Commitment: What was the effort required in conducting this social service activity? Did you have to overcome significant obstacles? What was the most difficult part? Were you involved in this activity for a long stretch, or was it a one- off activity? Will your initiative continue in the future?
- Personal growth: What did you learn from your experience? Did you acquire any new skills? What was the most memorable part of this community/ social service work? What would you tell other young people about your experience?
To reduce / nullify ambiguity in the screening process, all the individual entries will be ranked on a total of 100 points. The selection will be on the basis of the online application form, followed by an interview round of the 12 individual finalists. An eminent jury panel will conduct the interviews online.
12 student finalists in the Individual category will be shortlisted for judging at the national level.
In the Individual category, 20 students will be shortlisted as runner-ups for recognition at the school level.
Notification letters will be mailed to the school principals of the 20 runner-ups in the Individual category in early Mid February 2021. In addition, the 12 distinguished finalists in the Individual category will also receive notification letters mailed to their principals along with an invitation card for Grand Finale Online in Mid March 2021.
Results will be announced on our website https://spiritofcommunityindia.com/ and our Social Media Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/spiritofcommunityawardsindia/ .
Felicitation Q & As
The 12 distinguished finalists will receive Certificates of Achievement and beautifully engraved silver medallions. The names of the two national honourees will be announced during this event. Certificates of Achievement will be presented to their school principals.
All students who participate in The Pramerica Spirit of Community Awards programme will receive e-Certificates of Participation.
The 2 National honourees will receive Certificates of Excellence, beautifully engraved gold medallions, and Scholarships of INR 3,50,000 each. Trophies will be presented to their school principals.
Dates & Deadlines
October 05, 2020 to January 31, 2021
The completed and e-certified applications should reach us not later than January 31, 2021.
From the applications received, 20 students in the Individual category will be shortlisted as runner-ups for recognition at the school level. In addition, 12 students from the Individual category will qualify as the distinguished finalists. The names of the runner-ups and the distinguished finalists will be announced in Last Week of February 2021.
The final results will be announced by Mid March, 2021.